The Sith Empire
To view the forums in its entirety please log in or register. For right now you can only view news reports, Imperial Information, and Senate Discussions. Please enjoy your stay. All hail the Empire

Shadow MMforumlogo

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sith Empire
To view the forums in its entirety please log in or register. For right now you can only view news reports, Imperial Information, and Senate Discussions. Please enjoy your stay. All hail the Empire

Shadow MMforumlogo
The Sith Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» This Place
Shadow I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2015, 15:30 by Blackhalos99

» New to the Site? Post here
Shadow I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2014, 05:13 by SOVIETxGAMER

» Farewell
Shadow I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2014, 22:22 by DaBigestBob

» Concerning The Fatal Alliance (MASTERS AND DARTHS READ)
Shadow I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2014, 20:59 by Regret

» Service Academy Nomination
Shadow I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2014, 03:34 by DaBigestBob

» Charter of the Imperial Senate
Shadow I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2013, 21:23 by DaBigestBob

» Skyrim Based Rp
Shadow I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2013, 22:55 by Demetreus

» The Sith Order RP
Shadow I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2013, 19:57 by Guest

» Darth Diabolus
Shadow I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2013, 03:17 by xFrozen Eclipse

Gallery

Shadow Empty
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 40 on December 26th 2022, 23:34

Shadow

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shadow Empty Shadow

Post by Maggie23 August 22nd 2012, 03:42

Okay, I'm new at this RP thingie, so bear voice.
This is based off the book I'm writing (Epsilord knows what I'm talking about)
So we have 3 main species: Shadows, Lights, and Humans
The Shadows have 13 sub sets, or famlies: Snow, Evelen, Club, Van Halen, Quincy, Dawn, Shade, Dusk, Juniper, Force, Talon (yes, Alex), Verde, and last but not least Nightlock
Lights have no defined sub sets
Humans have with several subsets which the main 8 are: brute, telapath, adaptor, healer, scientist, smith, trainer, and collector. (there are classes with only one member but these are experimental)

Shadow
rely on human blood and are skilled with arcane arts and dark magic, purebloods have immortality unless struck down by another pureblood
but some metals and posions can slow there ablitly to heal.
Each family has defined capiblities execept the Nightlock family which is still devloping
And unlike Edward, Shadows burn in the sun unless using special portection
have custom where for every year you age you get a new name to go (ex. a 4 year old might be Sally Pam Jenny Katie {insert family name here}

Lights
human blood
paticulary vain,
they usually control humans without remorse
Melt in the dark without special charms
purebloods are also immortal
same powers has shadows, just different goals

Humans set up elite agents to counteract the shadow/light threat
brute telapath, and adaptor have DNA fused shadow or lights and hunt them down. Scientists are in charge of findong ways to better the human race. Trainers are retired agents who train new agents. Smiths create the weapons as they use a special metal that takes extreme skill work with. Finally collectors hunt for resources for the association. they often specific resouces they are looking for.

when the shadow light war broke out shadows quickly gained human support as they usually do good, when it suits thier needs
lights retailated with spreading false info about shadows turning them into monsters in the human eye
humans later discovered that they were pawns and made an association to hunt down both species
now the goal is for one species to gain dominace over the other 2.

now, the rules are simple.
make your character by:
defining species
subset [if applical]
Maturity (how old they look/act. Note: not applical to humans)
name
powers
general description
backstory

then you must make alligences (or enemies) as all 3 sociecties have fractured over veiws. So not only do have to be wary of your fellow species but you must take out the other 2 species. Or, you can defect.
JUST DON'T
claim invincbility as soon as you are hit
call mutants

before I post this I must tell you something
NO MAKING YOUR CHARACTER ANYTHING LIKE THE CULLENS OR BELLA. YOU MAY MENTION TWILIGHT IF IT INSULTS TWILIGHT

BEGIN THE WAR

Last edited by Maggie23 on August 22nd 2012, 14:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rule change)
Maggie23
Maggie23
Lord General
Lord General

Level : 4784

Character sheet
Name:
Rank/Position:
Faction:

Back to top Go down

Shadow Empty Re: Shadow

Post by Maggie23 August 22nd 2012, 04:00

My character
Shadow Pureblood
Nightlock
Female
goes by Lunette or Rose
can breathe underwater, flight, super human strength, speed, and agility, can summon plant life at will, can release huge amounts of power, magic, can summon mermaid tail, can manipulate wind and water
Small, thin, curly red hair, one eye is blue the other is purple, pale
7th daughter of the head of the Nightock family she has often been ignored. She left Shadow society at the age of 7 and has been through several traumatic expriences. She is an avid vegitarian and through her quest to stay strong invented blood tablets. A subsitute for fresh blood. She is a master at martial arts, and also spent 5 years at a ninja camp. Her older sisters often drag her into their problems. She is a natural loner and perfers to hang out underwater, hence the tail. She is sometimes described as cold but she is really just wary of emotional connection because of past expirences.
Maggie23
Maggie23
Lord General
Lord General

Character sheet
Name:
Rank/Position:
Faction:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 22nd 2012, 15:10

New Character in Progress

Last edited by EpsiLord on August 29th 2012, 21:52; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie23 August 22nd 2012, 21:59

okay, helen (my editior) just informed i should include these details that I included in my book
Shadows/Lights Rule changes
can eat
life force
flesh
plants (if desperate, they make them weak, but they live another day)
there is a chance that a bitten human can turn shadow/light into a weaker shadow/light also the ex-human might go insane
Maggie23
Maggie23
Lord General
Lord General

Character sheet
Name:
Rank/Position:
Faction:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 22nd 2012, 22:02

Does this effect me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie23 August 22nd 2012, 22:05

no epi
it doesn't
Maggie23
Maggie23
Lord General
Lord General

Character sheet
Name:
Rank/Position:
Faction:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 22nd 2012, 22:13

I think that has become my permanent name...

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleice822 August 22nd 2012, 22:33

-Shadow pureblood
-Dusk
-Female
-Miyu
-ability to split apart atoms and rearrange them into whatever she wants- so can turn a bullet or other small objects into air; very fast reaction time
-an assassin for the dusk clan- very effective at killing quickly and silently
-nobody knows her appearance besides a few high-up dusk commanders
-"do not become an enemy of the dusks, because I would prefer that you live"
purpleice822
purpleice822
Recruit
Recruit

Level : 4750

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleice822 August 29th 2012, 21:17

PSA
(Public Service Announcement)

How we are going to rp
ON THE CHATBOX
NOT THE FOURM (b/c it gets too crowded)
if somthing "plot" related happens, either maggie or myself will post it on here
that way, anybody can come and read what has happened
but new people can join at anytime.... b/c we really need more than 3 people to rp (and have it not be boring)
and no godmodleing (epi)
purpleice822
purpleice822
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 29th 2012, 21:19

purpleice822 wrote:PSA
(Public Service Announcement)

How we are going to rp
ON THE CHATBOX
NOT THE FOURM (b/c it gets too crowded)
if somthing "plot" related happens, either maggie or myself will post it on here
that way, anybody can come and read what has happened
but new people can join at anytime.... b/c we really need more than 3 people to rp (and have it not be boring)
and no godmodleing (epi)

Pfff. There are like 5 ways to kill Lucrum. He can't really use complicated magic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie23 August 29th 2012, 21:22

i agree with helen
Maggie23
Maggie23
Lord General
Lord General

Character sheet
Name:
Rank/Position:
Faction:

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleice822 August 29th 2012, 21:25

PSA (again)

RP times will be announced, please TRY to be there
purpleice822
purpleice822
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleice822 August 29th 2012, 21:41

Types of Shadows

-NShadows: natural shadows; they exist as spirits but can influence a human’s mind; they can also lend a shadow power, or mentally damage a light; as soon as they reach 1 pulchra, they become (regular) shadows

-Artificial Shadows: created through draining a human of blood and life at the same time while imbuing their dying body with dark magic. There’s about a 50/50 chance of the human either rising up as a shadow or dying, though with more powerful shadows, the chance increases; Immortal

-Pureblood Shadows: A shadow with no human in its line; has strong natural magic- the type depends on its line; never age unless they wish it; Powerful purebloods are said to have eyes like black pools, but these rumors have never been confirmed. About half of the shadows are this; Immortal

-Half-Bloods: A half-human, half-shadow; they have limited shadow powers, but more resistance to the lights; can work as agents for humans or shadows; NOT TO BE TRUSTED; only a small amount of the shadows are half-bloods; they can usually live about 1,000 years

-Impure Shadows: a shadow with trace amounts of human in its line. They have almost full shadow powers (you can’t really tell the difference). They work for shadows, unless they have defected. About half the shadows are impure; lifespan can range from 20,000 to 100,000 years depending on the amount of human

Last edited by purpleice822 on August 31st 2012, 23:51; edited 1 time in total
purpleice822
purpleice822
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleice822 August 29th 2012, 21:46

The War
Shadows and Lights have been at war since history can remember. There has never been a story told on either side (well, we really don’t know about the lights) about a time before the war. Lights are just as good as us at everything, and that makes them very difficult opponents. The War has essentially been a stalemate forever, but there have been some times where peace has almost been attained. There have been three instances in history where the Lights have clearly won, but we only retreated for 100 years. But recently, the war has become more complicated……

The War cont.
We had been keeping this out of the human eye for millennia, preferring subterfuge and ambushes over all-out-war. Why? As soon as the humans came in, they would attack everything, like they always did. We couldn’t afford to be fighting a war on two fronts, the Lights are bad enough. Then, they did it. A small group of Lights went and addressed the world’s leaders. They said that they, the Lights had been fighting the evil [shadows] for generations. They said that the evil [shadows] was planning to destroy humanity after it had destroyed the Lights. The Lights were holding them off as best they could, but they needed help. Ugh, they say every lie has a grain of truth. The only truth there was that we were close to winning a small victory. Now, the human government believes that we are to blame for all their problems. The human governments are keeping this from their citizens, though. But there are rumors. Meanwhile, the human governments created agencies to defeat the shadows. Some have also begun to oppose Lights. We, on the other hand, have retreated from the public eye into our cities.
purpleice822
purpleice822
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleice822 August 29th 2012, 21:51

EpsiLord wrote:
My Character
Species: Shadow Half-Blood
Subset: Shade
Maturity: 27
Name: Lucrum Shade (Those who know him personally call him nothing, because they are dead).
Abilities: Carbon Shield, Limited Elemental Magic, Unrivaled Strength, Insane Speed, Powerful Illusions and Limited Mind Reading.
Description: No one knows who turned Lucrum Shade. The only thing people know is that individual did not survive very long. He is described as a monster that lives under an ancient city's ruins. Only one person got close enough to him to know who he really is. He resents Shadows and is working about the fall of Shadows and Lights, starting with the Snows. Lucrum is humanity's savior, but no one sees him as so.
- Appearance -
Build: Stunning, but not too muscled.
Hair: Deep brown and medium length.
Eye Color: Unknown (No one has lived after seeing his eyes. Except for one...)
Race: Caucasian

- Trivia -
Wields a small blade called Avaritia
He is rumored to have a tattoo on his back that symbolizes the clash between Shadows and Lights

interesting character...
purpleice822
purpleice822
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleice822 August 29th 2012, 21:57

PSA

9:15PM
8/29/12
1st rp

[EDIT]
WHAT WAS ACCOMPLISHED: nothing- lunette is working on a blood substitute; epi needs to get his character made; I need to post more about the culture

Last edited by purpleice822 on August 29th 2012, 22:51; edited 2 times in total
purpleice822
purpleice822
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleice822 August 29th 2012, 22:47

Ranks:

Leader of family (pureblood)- technically commands the clan/family, but they stay in the royal village; mostly a ceremonial leader, but they do have power and influnce

Leader of Clan (non-1/2 blood)- the leader of the clan- they command the shadows that belong to that clan

Commander: (non-1/2 blood)- command one part of the clan; eg: science, assasins, army

Lady/Lords: (non-1/2 blood)- leader of one research group (science), or one unit(army)
Assasin: (any)- kills clan enemies with various methods

Army/Science: (any)- general army that occasionaly opposes lights or humans; researchers that develop new shadow tech- somtimes conduct strange and inhumane experiments

Medial workers: (any)- workers that provide necessary but often looked down upon tasks

Slaves: (usually humans or 1/2 bloods)- provide cheap, manual labor; often used in expierements- only some groups use them
purpleice822
purpleice822
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleice822 August 29th 2012, 23:14

Proper Shadow ediqute (sombody else can do lights)
(remember, this is only for formal occasions and for meeting sombody you don't know)

If there is a lower and higher:

Lower: [bows slightly] Hello, I am _____ of ______ Clan in the ______ Group.
--eg: Hello, I am Miyu of Dusk Clan in the Assasin Group.
Higher: [Nods] Hello _____ [says shadow blessing, which I WILL make a list of...eventuly]
--eg: Hello Miyu. May the eternal hunt be ever fruitful.
Lower: Thank you.
[they either have a conversation or don't but it ends with this regardless]
Higher: May the Shadows darken your path.
Lower: May the Shadows darken all of our paths.

If both are in the same rank:

1: Hello, I am _____ of ______ Clan in the ______ Group.
--eg: Hello, I am Miyu of Dusk Clan in the Assasin Group.
2: Hello, I am _____ of ______ Clan in the ______ Group.
--eg: Hello, I am Rose of the Nightlock Clan in the Science Group.
[they either have a conversation or don't but it ends with this regardless]
1: May the Shadows darken all paths.
2: Indeed.

Other formal shadow ediqute:

Bow deeply for the Clan leader and the Family leader

Titles:
Family Leader: -oko (attack to the end of a name, like in japanese)
Clan Leader: -oke
Commander: -ke
Lady/Lords: usually just refer to them as Lord/Lady ______

REMEMBER, this is only for FORMAL occasions, if you KNOW the shadow you are talking to, you can talk like two normal people would
....but please use this at least once.... so I wouldn't feel like I had wasted my time

more culture and vocab stuff coming soon!!!
purpleice822
purpleice822
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleice822 August 30th 2012, 21:08

Vocab (oh yay.....)

Okay, I'm probably goint to edit this A LOT, so check back occasionaly
okay, so not that I'm listening to miracle of sound, let's type! Smile

Aurora- energy of life; Shadows/Lights feed on it; Any living thing contains aurora, but generally intelligent life has more. For such reasons, humans are the prefered source of aurora, taken either through blood/flesh or the life force. It is a shadow/light's preferance as to which way ot get it. A shadow/light can also eat from an animal or plant, but they are inferior sources compared to human.

Pulchra- shadow/light equivlent of energy; Pulchra is usually measured on a scale of 1 to 13; shadows/lights skilled in "scaning" magic can "scan" a shadow/light to determine the pulchra scale. As the pulchra in a shadow/light increases, their skills increase (such as staminia, speed, magic, reflexes). Most shadows have a count of 5 pulchra. A shadow with 13 pulchra has not been recorded in centuries (of either culture). For some postitions, it is required to keep a certain pulchra count.

POSTING MORE SOON

for awsome songs:
-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXO-tMYxylk&list=PL90229471516D05ED&index=10&feature=plpp_video
-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uOvECN0wTw&list=PL90229471516D05ED&index=6&feature=plpp_video
purpleice822
purpleice822
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Shadow August 31st 2012, 01:42

this is starting to look interesting Very Happy
is there a book or something based off of this?
Agent Shadow
Agent Shadow
Recruit
Recruit

Level : 4240

Character sheet
Name: Alassa Di
Rank/Position: N/A
Faction: N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 31st 2012, 08:21

ShadowsB4dawn wrote:this is starting to look interesting Very Happy
is there a book or something based off of this?

Maggie is writing a book about this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Shadow August 31st 2012, 12:55

very nice! Razz
Agent Shadow
Agent Shadow
Recruit
Recruit

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by purpleice822 August 31st 2012, 23:58

people that are in this rp (and considering to enter)

how free are you saturady? (I can't do anything on friday b/c I have marching band- like I JUST got home from school)

If epi and maggie can reply, I'll post an rp time
@ShadowsB4dawn- you can join, the more people the better! Smile
purpleice822
purpleice822
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Shadow September 1st 2012, 00:24

I'd be happy to join Very Happy and Saturday I'll be available except between 3-5, I'll be at the shooting range Razz
Agent Shadow
Agent Shadow
Recruit
Recruit

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 1st 2012, 02:29

ShadowsB4dawn wrote:I'd be happy to join Very Happy and Saturday I'll be available except between 3-5, I'll be at the shooting range Razz

What's next: ability to alter matter?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum